Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew M Davy has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Back Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
Showing 5 of 39
All good things come to those who wait . Dr Davy FEELS your pain , and does his best to alleviate the suffering of those injured or ill with chronic pain . He is a brilliant doctor with an excellent caring demeanor and insight . Yes, you have to wait , but if you needed an extra ten minutes,,,he would take that time with you as well . Be patient, bring a book , he will see you soon , and you will feel much better
This doctor saved my life . Gave me the surgery and drugs and therapy to make me walk again and be able to work again. I can't lift weights , but I can even work out again . Yes, you will wait a long time, but that's the case with ANY doctor I've ever been to, I waited 2 1/2 hours for my neurologist and even an hour for a chiropractor . My gyno is a guaranteed 90 minutes , bring a book and relax . The best is worth waiting for ,
28 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Andrew M Davy accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew M Davy in this video.
Dr. Andrew M Davy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.