Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew J Doorey has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Catheterization
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Clinical Research
- Myocardial Infarction
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Block
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
Showing 5 of 6
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1978
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Andrew J Doorey accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChristina Care Cardiology, 252 Chapman Rd Ste 150, Newark, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew J Doorey in this video.
Dr. Andrew J Doorey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, DE.