Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew R Ellias has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 24
The exam I received from Dr. Ellias made me feel uncomfortable. I was asked to wear a gown and lay down for an inspection of my stomach when I was there for a refill. There was no attendant present, but there was some strange touches during the exam. I saw this man once and will not be back. Be careful if you are a female.
Dr. Elias seems to be a good Dr. With a great sense of humor. My thoughts exactly, laughter is the best medicine. If someone has a complaint that's making it sound huge, they should have the gonads enough to go into a little detail and help the others understand. Otherwise go away and keep your comments to yourself. I'm sure people seeing how many positive feed backs there are can see a good Dr. When they read about one. I agree Jody was pretty rude but seems to be gone, THANK YOU!! Hate rude people and they don't deserve a job! Please help stamp out all the rude people in the medical industry!! And everywhere else!! Go Dr. Ellias if he had something to do with her departure!!! Staff is not bad right now and cherese at the front desk "gets the job done". A little bit of problem with getting perscriptions filled and response when a message is left at option 4 I think it is and hopefully that could get better along with longer refills, only complaints I have. Thanks to Dr. Elias and staff!!!
Dr. Ellias' office is right next door to mine, so it's extremely easy to get an appointment. When I had a medical emergency, he spent approximately 1.5 hours with me, asking me questions, and forming a diagnosis. His work uncovered some underlying medical issues that I have since received treatment for; I never would have known they existed were it not for his thorough questioning and diagnostic ability. He has a wonderful personality and bedside manner, and I highly recommend him as a GP.
Honestly, Dr. Ellias is the best Doc I've ever seen. His great, if not a bit kooky, sense of humor keeps any issue I am seeing him for in perspective. Life seems fun and funny to him and that really helps when I am stressed enough over a sickness to need to see my doctor. No matter what the problem has been I always end of feeling better in spirit if not in body when I leave his office.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
46 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Andrew R Ellias accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Kaiser Permanente
- Multiplan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsUc Health Primary Care Printers Park, 175 S Union Blvd Ste 310, Colorado Springs, CO
Dr. Andrew R Ellias is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.