Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew Giammona
Dr. Andrew Giammona, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA, with another office in Oakland, CA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine, Psychiatry and Child Psychiatry. Dr. Giammona is affiliated with Children's Hospital Oakland Main Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew Giammona has the following 3 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child Psychiatry
A pediatric/adolescent psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental and emotional conditions in young children and adolescents.
These specialists study psychopathological disorders and their causes in order to prevent and identify them in their patients. These disorders may be caused by biological, psychosocial, genetic, demographic, or environmental factors, a patient's history, or any combination of these factors.
Pediatric/adolescent psychiatrists treat patients through a variety of interventions including medical treatment, behavior therapy, cognitive-behavior therapy, problem solving techniques, family therapy, parent training, psychodynamic therapy, and consultation with the patient's primary care physician or school professionals.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
My beef is not with Dr Giammona, but his office staff, and scheduling. Getting in to see him takes many months. He's constantly over-booked. If you need to change an appointment, then it's that many more months delay. His office staff doesn't bother checking insurance paperwork until a day or two prior. By which point in time, if there's even a slight hiccup in the paperwork, there's not enough time to fix the problem. The office stopped accepting my insurance. I understand that it's their business what they accept and do not accept, but by failing to give me advance notice of the change, it left me scrambling to make other accommodations.
Dr. Giammona is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Andrew Giammona accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew Giammona in this video.
Dr. Andrew Giammona is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.