Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew Grollman has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Andrew Grollman has the following 11 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Fecal Incontinence
Dr. Andrew Grollman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
If you are considering surgery to remove your prostate, Dr. Grollman will give you a candid assessment of your status, and a candid description of what you can expect from the surgical and recovery process. He has the experience (approximately 100 surgeries per year) and the advanced skills (he is one of 2 or 3 surgeons that perform robotic-assisted prostatectomies in New Mexico). He performed a robotic-assisted prostatectomy on me on May 9, 2017. Both Dr. Grollman and another physician observer reported to me that the 2.5 hour surgery went "very well." After one day in the hospital, I no longer needed the prescription pain medication. The surgery was done in a way that I had no infections after the surgery or at any time during my recovery. The catheter was removed as scheduled two weeks after the surgery. During the three weeks following the removal of the catheter, I have exceeded expectations for recovery of control over my bladder.
I echo the sentiments of the other patients who felt he was rude, arrogant, and dismissive. He seemed to be surprised that I asked questions and never followed up after having done two surgeries on me. My husband asked if he should follow up with the doctor after my surgery to report how I was doing and the doctor said "no."
14 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Andrew Grollman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAlbuquerque Urology Associates Pa, 610 Broadway Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. Andrew Grollman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.