Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew P Harakas
Dr. Andrew P Harakas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lawrenceville, GA, with another office in Lawrenceville, GA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Harakas is affiliated with Upstate Carolina Medical Center. Dr. Harakas has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew P Harakas has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Diseases
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Ankle Injuries
- Closed Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Just do yourself a favor and go see Dr. Axelrod at Emory Orthopedics instead. That way you don't waste your time or patients. Dr. Harakas had no opinion what so ever of what was a simple Distal Radius Fracture. He kept me on edge talking about 50/50 may need surgery. Was not comfortable with his bedside manner at all. Seemed rushed and no straight answers. I did not even realize how horrible of an experience I had at his office till I met with Dr. Axelrod who is the same exact specialty. The thing that made me mad the most is how he kept me in my original splint that they temporary put on at the hospital going up all the way to my forearm where I could not even extend my arm. For 3 weeks! Before telling me i cant help you go see the only other DR your INS cover etc... Dr. Axelod. Why this office was unable to simply just cast my wrist first visit is beyond me and my current doctor. Best thing he did do for me is RECOMMEND the wound care clinic at Gwinnett for my road rash. Besides that only weekly xrays were taken. (I'll try to post a pic below of splint)pic in Google review
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Harakas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Andrew P Harakas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Andrew P Harakas is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Lawrenceville, GA.