Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew J King has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I just called to make an appointment. After waiting for 20 minutes on hold, I was told that I am considered a new patient and that I would have to travel 40 miles to Johnstown, when there is an office 10 miles from my home. On top of that, they can't see me until the end of September. I am sorry but that all sounds like B.S. to me. I have been seeing Dr. King since 1986, and now I am a new patient?? This is not the Dr. Kings office that I went to all those years. They have lost the "personal touch" and they are not customer friendly. I am very disappointed that I will have to find another Dr.
I went to him for treating my acne, he did okay. His office staff was not friendly at all. It took forever to set up an appointment with him. I had him look at one mole on my back he said don't worry about it. Then I go to another dermatologist and he biopsies it and it comes back stage 1 melanoma. So if you want accurate skin care do not go to Dr. King.
After being a patient for over 4 years, this office refused to treat me after I was laid off and had no insurance. The staff takes over ten days to return phone calls. I've waited weeks just for an appointment in the past. This is not a family oriented doctor office. He refuses to give light theoropy and will not make extractions. I advise going to Altoona or greensburgh for better doctors.
Dr. King is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Andrew J King accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKing Maceyko Dermatology Associates, 572 Philadelphia St, Indiana, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew J King in this video.
Dr. Andrew J King is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indiana, PA.