Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew J Swanson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Andrew J Swanson has the following 7 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Andrew J Swanson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Andrew J Swanson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
After going to Dr. Swanson for over 10 years (I followed him when he left Family Physicians), I'm finally fed up with his level of care. I have to plead with him for referrals, x-rays or any other diagnostic exams. If I present with a specific symptom, I'm asked what I want done about it, instead of him recommending a treatment, test, etc. He's always in a rush even if there aren't any other patients in the office, as if he's charging by the minute. As some other reviewer said, he's ok for a bandaid or a cold but not for serious illness or adequate diagnosis.
Dr. Swanson is good once he gets to know you. I think family practitioner is a good description. However, since Pat left his staff ruins his reputation. I'm thinking one of them wrote the one review that says how caring they are. Them being described as rude is an understatement. Too bad. Sorry Dr. Swanson but you may want to really address that. However, your newest office staff lady is a joy. It's the long timers that seem so hostile. Why?
22 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Dr. Andrew J Swanson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAndrew James Swanson Do, 1959 E Prater Way, Sparks, NV
Dr. Andrew J Swanson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sparks, NV.