Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew J Walter has the following 3 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Exam
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Since having surgery done ( twice since the first surgery failed ) I have been miserable. He performed what was to be a bladder suspension but included a complete hysterectomy that was unneeded as my uterus and ovaries were perfect. I agreed to the hysterectomy only after he described it as something he could do "while in there" and others had been satisfied in the same procedure being done to them. I didn't know until later, when viewing a chat of the femaly body, that the uterus and cervix help to support the bladder. I had never experienced menopausal symptoms, other than stopping my periods, until after this surgery. I was 66. He had told me that my ovaries were probably all dried up and moved out of lace. In coming out of the anesthesia the first thing I asked him was, "Were my ovaries all shriveled up?" He told me No they were in good shape! I have regretted having this done now for over 10 years. I still wear pads from bladder leakage and added to that, I feel emotionally unbalanced. I feel I aged very fast after that. I thought it was just a mistake by a young Doctor, but I have since learned from friends that Dr. Walter still encourages a hysterectomy from patients who only need bladder support. You couldn't pay me to be seen by Dr. Walter now! Shame on him!
27 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Andrew J Walter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Kaiser Permanente
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Roseville Medical Center (aka Roseville Women & Children's Center), 1600 Eureka Rd, Roseville, CA
Dr. Andrew J Walter is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Roseville, CA.