Have you seen Dr. Andrew B Joel?

Caring, Personal, and Highly ProfessionaL

On the recommendation of my partner, I went to Dr. Joel in July 2016 because of a voiding problem . During a routine cystoscopy he discovered a tumor in my bladder, scheduled a TURBT during which he further discovered a bladder diverticulum. Pathology results indicated T1 high grade cancer "transitional cell carcinoma". In consultation, he patiently drew me several pictures to explain the severity of the situation and requested a conference with my partner. Though he recommended a radical cystectomy (RC), he said he would confer with the Mayo Clinic and encouraged me to see an oncologist, obtain other opinions and even made an appointment for me with a leading Bladder Cancer Specialist at John Hopkins and called me on it. Within 2 months I had 5 consultations and had made a decision. Because of the severity of the situation, he managed to schedule my operation in record time. He was with me all thru the pre-op, the operation and the post-op. His support, constant encouragement and caring had me out of the hospital in 4 days, and back to 85% normal within a month. I had never written a thank you letter to any doctor, but did so to him. He saved my life. I am now cancer free for 14 months. Highly Recommend! Fill free to contact me at vicppi76@gmail.com.

HE HIT THE MARK ON THE 1ST TRY!!

GETTING HIS 2ND OPINION WAS A GREAT IDEA//HIS THOUGHTS HELPED SOLIDIFY MY THINKING ON A UROLOGY PROBLEM.

I saw a urologist 9 years ago & told my wife I would never see another. Then with an elevated PSA, my doctor recommended I see one. I saw the unbelievable reviews for Dr. Joel & my experience with him can only be described as fantastic. He is extremely competent, yet compassionate & understanding. He is the best!

patient

Excellent physician. Highly recommend.

Comments are abiout his department.

I had an ER visit due to an issue. The ER. Dr has referred me to Dr. Andrew's Urology Department at Virginias Hospital. My reports show that the Urology will call the next day and I received no calls. I called twice and left a message both times. No one called back but they claim that the calls are returned in 90 minutes. The Dr. Maybe very good but I was unable to get a follow up from him nor was I able to make an appointment with his office. What good is good when you're not getting the good?

Dear and Glorious Physician

Nine months ago Dr. Joel and Dr. Mordkin used a DaVinci Robot to perform a radical prostatectomy on me at Arlington Hospital. When the catheter and staples were removed, the far-right port in my lower abdomen had not closed and, as a result, I was soaked in fluid of unknown origin. Concerned that the anastamosis could be leaking urine, Dr. Joel ordered recatheterization and a pressure-test of the bladder. His anastamosis and my bladder passed with flying colors, and my leaking port soon healed. The pathologist's report and two post-op PSA tests found no remaining prostate cancer. The main goal of my surgery has thus -- apparently -- been achieved, though I shall have PSA blood draws for four more years. Meanwhile, I am doing physical therapy to overcome plumbing problems from the surgery. I am making glacial progress, and I remain hopeful. For years Dr. Joel monitored closely my erratic, rising PSA level. He always gave me a realistic sense of odds. Generous with his time, he was clear and compassionate. Incredibly for a busy professional, Dr. Joel sends hand-written notes to patients. A few years ago, based on my recommendation, an old friend came all the way from Baton Rouge to have Dr. Joel operate on him at Arlington Hospital. He was delighted with the outcome. Dr. Joel is a world-class physician with a warm, can-do personality. He is a credit to his profession, and a blessing to his patients.

Doctor who apologizes

Kuddos to Dr. Joel calling me at home to apologize for missing an appointment.

Very caring doctor and staff. Spent a lot of time listening to me and then explaining my problem. Had to go through a series of unpleasant tests, but he helped me through them and was very reassuring. Would highly recommend him. The only downside is the wait time, so bring a book. However, the time he spends with you to explain everything makes up for it.

Superb!

Prostatectomy surgery

Exceptional!!! I wish all doctors were like Dr Joel. From the initial visit through post surgery follow ups Ive experienced only superb professional treatment. His staff is fantastic too. I highly recommend him to anyone!

Prostate surgery

I had a postive experience with Dr. Joel despite the fact I had prostate cancer. I have recommended 2 patients to see Dr. Joel. I think he does excellent work.

Dr Joel is a supurb professional. Discussing my urinary tract issues is not easy for me. Dr Joel thoroughly covered all areas and potential treatments. I feel very comfortable with his analysis and recommendation s

Dr. Andrew B Joel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.

Dr. Andrew B Joel Is this you?