Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew C Johnston has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Johnston is the best doctor I have ever seen. My father started to use him and told us how good he was, so my husband started seeing him and now I am seeing him. He is very thorough, caring and makes each patient his top priority. He is always on time, we have never had to wait more than 5 minutes to see him. Thank you doctor Johnston for being such a fantastic doctor
I saw Dr. Johnston because my primary care physician left the practice. Several things happened during my two visits with him that convinced me that he is incompetent, arrogant, and closed-minded. I've listed only a few of them below:* I told him I wanted to stop taking a medication, but it would need to be tapered down with his help in order to avoid possible dangerous side effects. He told me to just "take less and see how you feel." That was not specific enough in my opinion. Also, how am I supposed to take less of a capsule?* He only gave me one refill on a prescription that I've been on since I was eight years old. The labwork is good for a year, so he should have given me a year's worth.* He was very dismissive of my illness. I have a syndrome that has been diagnosed by two separate physicians, but Dr. Johnston said, "I don't buy it." He implied that it was all in my head and suggested that I see a counselor. When I questioned his medical knowledge, he said I should see someone else and fired me as a patient.Obviously I would not go back even if I could, and I urge you not to see him either - especially if you are a woman. I have tried to give an accurate (and non emotional) review even though I am angry with him for how he treated me.
32 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Mc Gaw Medical Center Northwestern University
Dr. Andrew C Johnston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPeninsula Primary Care, 275 the Crossroads Blvd Ste A, Carmel, CA
Dr. Andrew C Johnston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carmel, CA.