Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew Koh
Dr. Andrew Koh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with another office in Boston, MA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology and Pediatrics. Dr. Koh is affiliated with UT Southwestern Medical Center/William P Clements Jr University Hospital, UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy and Dallas County Hospital District. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew Koh has the following 3 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Koh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UT Southwestern Medical Center/William P Clements Jr University Hospital
UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
Dallas County Hospital District
Parkland Health & Hospital System
Saints Memorial Medical Center Inc
UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
UT Southwestern St Paul Hospital
Caritas Norwood Hospital
Children's Medical Center of Dallas
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
21 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Andrew Koh accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew Koh in this video.
Dr. Andrew Koh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.