Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew D Laman
Dr. Andrew D Laman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Mifflin, PA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Laman is affiliated with Highlands Hospital and Keystone Anesthesia Consultants Ltd. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew D Laman has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Andrew D Laman has the following 12 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Andrew D Laman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Laman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Andrew D Laman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
Locations & DirectionsUpmc Cancer Center, 1907 Lebanon Church Rd Ste 220, West Mifflin, PA
Dr. Andrew D Laman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Mifflin, PA.