Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew M Levinson has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Andrew M Levinson has the following 15 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Andrew M Levinson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 54
I am the mother of a `17 year old son with Autism. My son has been a patient of Dr. Levinson for over 10 years. His compassion with my son and our entire family has been more than a blessing! Having a child with severe Autism is sometimes an overwhelming experience. As with any medical intervention some therapies work and others have no effect. Dr. L. realizes this and has never given up on my son. We have recently experienced a major break through and I can not thank Dr. Levinson enough!
I liked Aderall don't get me wrong... it was the only thing that helped me with my ADD but I'm in my 40's and I felt I could not keep it up for the rest of my life. I need it a solution that made me feel I was not poisoning my body... long story short , after a year seeing Dr. Levinson, I'm off Aderall and my body and mind feel awesome. I can't thank him enough! He goes deep into finding the real issue and his approach is always the healthy one; the approach I wanted and was looking for. I highly recommend him.
22 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVitality Health & Wellness, 815 4th St, Miami Beach, FL
Dr. Andrew M Levinson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami Beach, FL.