Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew M Lowe has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Andrew M Lowe has the following 10 expertise
- Holter monitoring
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Weight Loss
Dr. Andrew M Lowe has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
Been going to Dr. Lowe for 8 years. He is the best.
Dr. Lowe has been treating me for 15 years +. I consider him to be a very caring, careful, conservative, thorough Internist. I agree with others here that often, the wait time is more than expected. More importantly however, there never seems to be a time limit on my visit. He is always completely thorough. I always come away with the sense that every issue was completely understood and acted upon. That definitely makes it worth the wait for me. And yes, he has a nice sense of humor. I would recommend Dr. Lowe to anyone.
Dr. Lowe has been treating me for at least 10 years. Actually, he treats my whole family now because they've seen how much he's helped me. He's been through the good and bad with all of us and continues to be a huge source of strength and solace. Dr. Lowe does indeed spend the time needed with the patient and that's why I don't mind waiting. He's very caring, gentle, and funny too! His follow-up is amazing. He's called late in the evening to give lab results or to check that you're feeling better. No other doctor has ever done for our family what Dr. Lowe has done. I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone - young, old, or in between. Although, I don't really want to recommend him because then we'll have to wait longer to be seen, but hey, I guess that's ok. Thanks, Dr. Lowe. God bless.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
25 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
New York University
Dr. Andrew M Lowe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Andrew M Lowe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valhalla, NY.