Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Andrew Maran
Dr. Andrew Maran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY, with other offices in Forest Hills, NY and Ridgewood, NJ (and 2 other locations). He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Maran is affiliated with Metropolitan Hospital Center, Brooklyn University Hospital and St Barnabas Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew Maran has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Andrew Maran has the following 3 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Andrew Maran has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Andrew Maran is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Maran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Metropolitan Hospital Center
Brooklyn University Hospital
St Barnabas Medical Center
Richmond University Medical Center
New York Downtown Hospital
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Richmond
Staten Island University Hospital North
Staten Island University South
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center - Fulton Division
Saint Vincents Medical Center Psychiatric
St Vincents Catholic Med Ctrs Home Health Agency
Bayley Seton Hospital Program
Bronx Lebanon Hospital
University of TX Medical Branch Hosp
28 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Andrew Maran accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
Locations & Directions
Dr. Andrew Maran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.