Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew T Mecca has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Andrew T Mecca has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Andrew T Mecca has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Andrew T Mecca is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I have yet to experience the staff as being rude, having a bad day yes, but we all do. It took me a year of looking for a new doctor, and to find an office that I feel is a great fit is an added bonus to me. I am seen within five minutes of my appointment time, and I am greeted by name. Rating would have been five stars, except it is next to impossible to get a same day/week appointment. P.A.s are a great group to work with as well, they actually listen.
First off, every time I would try to explain to Dr. Mecca my symptoms I felt as if I was being ignored. The Dr. Continued to flip through my file and rapidly speak over me instead of listen to me. Also I have had his staff hang up on me and mistreat me. Don't bother bringing your health concerns here. No one will listen.
Dr. Mecca may be ok, but he is running a very flawed practice. I have taken my children to his Medcare center many times and the last 3 times have been very unacceptable. They were both misdiagnosed and treated for serious illnesses at other hospitals. Dr. Mecca needs to reevaluate his colleagues and employees and make serious changes to his Medcare practice.
I have been going to Dr Mecca for a number of years, now. He is always courteous and friendly. I think he is a very good diagnostician. However, in the last few years he has got so many patients that it is hard for him to give you much time. Most doctors have been this way and I miss it. Still, I would not have any other doctor over him. He is also very respectful of my wife and daughter when examining them.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1989
St Clares Hospital
Dr. Andrew T Mecca accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Columbus GA HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedcare, 5612 Whitesville Rd, Columbus, GA
Dr. Andrew T Mecca is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, GA.