Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew A Nierenberg
Dr. Andrew A Nierenberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Nierenberg is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Nierenberg has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew A Nierenberg has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Andrew A Nierenberg has the following 22 expertise
- Child Behavior Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Anxiety Disorders
- Phobias (Phobic Disorders)
- Somatoform Disorders (Briquet's Syndrome)
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Panic Disorder
- Dysthymic Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Andrew A Nierenberg has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Do yourself a favor and google Niereenberg's disclosure statement before you go near this place. Retained (and paid) by several dozens of drug companies. All you are going to get is a label and drugs forced upon you. That is ALL that these MGH shrinks get paid to do! Complete corruption, fraud, and abuse. Outrageous that this human rights violation of MGH Psychiatry still exists.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Nierenberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
New York University
Dr. Andrew A Nierenberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsVA Palo Alto Hcs, 50 Staniford St Ste 580, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew A Nierenberg in this video.
Dr. Andrew A Nierenberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.