Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew N Pollak has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Trauma Surgery
Trauma surgeons treat patients who come to emergency rooms and require surgery after any kind of accident. They know how to act quickly, assess the patient’s condition, and decide on a course of action. They work fast to coordinate with other physicians and specialists in the hospital if needed, such as neurosurgeons and radiologists, so they can properly diagnose the injury and stabilize patients.
Common trauma injuries include bleeding, burns, brain or other internal injuries, shock and loss of limbs. Because they treat patients in traumatic situations, they’re also typically skilled in offering some level of emotional support to help the patient cope with confusion and grief that may result from their accident.
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Femoral Fractures
- Leg Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Pollak took on my case after I fell asleep at the wheel as a 20 year old. He helped come up with a plan to NOT amputate and to see if we could restore right lower limb function. It took 4 years and multiple bone grafts and other creative procedures, but we saved my leg and I later did a sprint triathlon. I now ride horses, rock climb, and walk without a visible limp. Dr. Pollak was always communicative and engaged me and my family fully in the decision-making process. He educated us as he was providing state of the art and excellent care. I have never met another doc like this and cannot recommend him highly enough. Thanks Dr. Pollak.
31 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Andrew N Pollak accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFrank Thomas Barranco Sr Md, 700 E Joppa Rd, Towson, MD
Dr. Andrew N Pollak is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Towson, MD.