Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Andrew R Hawkins has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Andrew R Hawkins has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Andrew R Hawkins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 9
Dr. Hawkins has been my primary care physician for about 4 years. During that time I've seen him at least once, and typically, several times per year. I feel very fortunate to have switched to have him as my PCP. He is a great listener -- a quality not always easy to find in anyone, much less a physician. He is friendly, caring, careful, knowledgeable, and articulate. He never seems rushed and always gives me his complete attention. His advice is always sound. He doesn't over-prescribe or over-test. My take is that he is an outstanding physician -- probably the best I've had in my 72 years.
I have been to many doctors with my illness' and I found that Dr. Hawkins is the best. He cares very much about you. He will take very thing that is going on with your health very seriously. He is so very good at what he does. I know I wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for him. If you are looking for a great doctor with a heart then he is one.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Hawkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSPRING CREEK FAMILY MEDICINE, 29 Jefferson Ct, Zion Crossroads, VA
Dr. Andrew R Hawkins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Zion Crossroads, VA.