Dr. Andrew Rackoff Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Rackoff?

Excellent Experience!

Posted on August 5th, 2015

This was my first time CMG and I was somewhat anxious. Truly a colonoscopy is not something you look forward to. The staff were exceptional! From checking in at the window to leaving the facility I felt totally taken care off and not just a number. Alice, RN & Tressa explained everything at the beginning. Tressa did a great job putting in the IV; didn't hurt a bit. Then Mary, the Anesthesiologist, was wonderful, clear & concise with her explaination of what was to happen with the drugs. Dr. Andrew Rackoff I would highly recommend, for his professionalism and knowledge.

Just some suggestions...

Posted on April 23rd, 2015

Getting a colonoscopy is a pretty big deal for most people; at least it was for me. Considering all of the "prep" involved, as well as the anxiety & awkward embarrassment of it, I feel that good customer service is vital & well deserved. My recent "check-in" experience was adequate (nothing more), my "greeter" who took me to the back & checked my vitals was less than enthused (all business with no words of reassurance), my nurse, Cherrie, was even worse...never cracked a smile, didn't ask me how I was doing, fired off one question after another to enter data into her laptop, etc...again, ALL business. I was very disappointed at this point. Bill, the anesthesiologist, was quite nice. Lauren, the assisting nurse during my procedure, was great! Way to go, Lauren! Dr. Rackoff was cordial, but disinterested & ready to move on to the next patient. He handed me my colon photos at the end of the procedure, but didn't explain a thing about them. Even though the photos showed 3 problem areas, I had to be the one to ask the questions & force the issue of my concerns. His answers were quick & vague. I got the feeling that it would be best to just go home & "Google" my questions, which I did. I was pleased to receive a follow-up call soon after my colonoscopy so "Thanks" for that! I just really hope that your staff reads this & chooses to become just a little more friendly & empathetic to the patients. You are all blessed to have a thriving practice and lots of opportunity to earn a great reputation.

Review of Carolina Mountain Gastroenterology

Posted on August 23rd, 2014

Actually Dr. Rackoff was fine. My issues are with The Practice. In preparation for my appt. I had to make several calls. I never got a human when I called. I had to leave a message for them to call back, it took between 30 minutes and 3 hours to return a call. Not exactly convenient. The person who checked me in for the procedure was clueless. She ran my debit card on the wrong machine and had to process card twice. When wheeled into procedure room the nurse assisting the Dr was very detached, never actually looked at me when speaking to me. I was never called about my pathology report as promised. I had to call and leave a message for them to call me back! Due to another issue I need to visit again. I called yesterday to make an appointment, again I had to leave a message. I was called back in about 30 minutes. The appointment clerk was rude. I ended up speaking to her "supervisor" no apology was made only excuses. I will not go back nor refer anyone to Carolina Mountain Gastroenterology.

Posted on September 11th, 2017