Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew R Reikes
Dr. Andrew R Reikes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Irvine, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Reikes is affiliated with Greater El Monte Community Hospital and Garfield Medical Center. Dr. Reikes has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew R Reikes has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Thyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Cancer
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
I would avoid this doctor when it comes to hypothyroidism. Unfortunately, Dr. Reikes's absolute faith in the TSH test (which he takes into consideration more than a patient's symptoms) means that he fails to diagnose or properly treat many patients who are hypothyroid or have Hashimoto's. His views about the reliability of the TSH test and the unreliability of Armour thyroid are outdated and wrong. (I.e. he mischaracterises the TSH test as supremely accurate for diagnosing/treating hypothyroidism--when this is absolutely not the case--and he says that Armour is unreliable and made poorly, both of which are untrue.)
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Reikes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Huntington Memorial Hospital
Dr. Andrew R Reikes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUC Irvine Health Gottschalk Medical Plaza, 1 MEDICAL Plz, Irvine, CA
Dr. Andrew R Reikes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irvine, CA.