Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew S Sapira
Dr. Andrew S Sapira, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ridgewood, NJ, with other offices in Jersey City, NJ and West Orange, NJ . His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Sapira is affiliated with Valley Hospital. Dr. Sapira has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew S Sapira has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Sapira treated me in the Valley Hospital ER. Despite the night being busy, he examined me right away and me feel like everything was going to be okay from the start. He relieved my symptoms of pain, high fever and not being able to breathe. Stayed on top of my case to make sure that all tests and imaging were performed promptly, Once his initial suspicions that I had pneumonia were confirmed, he took all the right steps and did all the right things to get me to be as okay as humanly possible prior to discharging me. I walked out of the Hospital being grateful because I was able to breathe, received prompt and professional care, and had all the right prescriptions to get me back on my feet in no time. My primary care physician completely missed pneumonia, which landed me in the ER in a first place. The care that Dr. Sapira provided not only pulled me out of the crisis, but also THE primary reason for my speedy recovery now. I'm so grateful to this wonderful Doctor for all of his knowledge, experience and kindness.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sapira is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Andrew S Sapira accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Andrew S Sapira is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ridgewood, NJ.