Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew J Scoma
Dr. Andrew J Scoma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winter Park, FL, with another office in Winter Park, FL. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Scoma is affiliated with Winter Park Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew J Scoma has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Addison Disease
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I've only seen Dr Scoma today for the first time. I've had my complaints (extreme fatigue, muscle soreness, nausea, shortness of breath . . . and more) dismissed by my primary care doctor and dermatologist for several months. I went to see a nephrologist a few weeks ago because of decreased kidney function. He felt I had Addison's and referred me to Dr Scoma. I was really apprehensive, especially after reading some of these reviews. But, Dr. LaGatta assured me Dr Scoma would also listen to my concerns and wouldn't be dismissive. He was right! Dr. Scoma was quite attentive and reviewed lab results I brought in. He confirmed the Addison's diagoses, discussed the treatment and plan of care, including lab work, and gave me a printout of the plan. So far, I feel very confident being managed by Dr. Scoma. I can't really rate the office staff as I only had limited interaction. I did get an appointment promptly (next day).
Dr. Scoma told me i may have cancer with zero substantial evidence. He denied me of the blood test that i requested he order and acted as if me being my own advocate was annoying. Oh and by the way I went to another dr and he did do the tests that I asked for and it turns out i have low testosterone and Celiacs disease.
Dr. Scoma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Kaleida Health System
Dr. Andrew J Scoma accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew J Scoma in this video.
Dr. Andrew J Scoma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winter Park, FL.