Dr. Andrew J Scoma Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Andrew J Scoma?

Best Endo

I saw Dr. Scoma from 2003 to 2007; we had to move to another state, I would beat my life on him! He was very informative, helpful and honest. He caught my thyroid cancer and took care of it. I miss him as my endocrinologist

No New Patients: Dr.Scoma is retiring

I was informed Dr. Scoma is retiring after several attempts to make an appointment and no call back. No new patients.

Addison's Disease

I've only seen Dr Scoma today for the first time. I've had my complaints (extreme fatigue, muscle soreness, nausea, shortness of breath . . . and more) dismissed by my primary care doctor and dermatologist for several months. I went to see a nephrologist a few weeks ago because of decreased kidney function. He felt I had Addison's and referred me to Dr Scoma. I was really apprehensive, especially after reading some of these reviews. But, Dr. LaGatta assured me Dr Scoma would also listen to my concerns and wouldn't be dismissive. He was right! Dr. Scoma was quite attentive and reviewed lab results I brought in. He confirmed the Addison's diagoses, discussed the treatment and plan of care, including lab work, and gave me a printout of the plan. So far, I feel very confident being managed by Dr. Scoma. I can't really rate the office staff as I only had limited interaction. I did get an appointment promptly (next day).

I WAS a patient of Dr. Scoma all he could do w2as raise my insulin. I finally got smart and found a dr who got my diabetes under control.

I do not recommend this doctor

Dr. Scoma told me i may have cancer with zero substantial evidence. He denied me of the blood test that i requested he order and acted as if me being my own advocate was annoying. Oh and by the way I went to another dr and he did do the tests that I asked for and it turns out i have low testosterone and Celiacs disease.

all he could ever do is give me more insulin. and scold me about my weight.

Rude, unprofessional and unknowledgeble staff

Made an appointment and their office called me and said my insurance was secondary which was not true at all. I called my insurance, Medicare, and they said the only other insurance company that they know of was my auto insurance company when I had an auto accident. NOTHING regarding my reason to visit the endrocrinologist. The office told me that they couldn't see me until it was straightened up with the insurance. Well, I called them back and let them know what insurance had to say and I never heard back. Then I get a letter in the mail that was copied to my referring doc that I never showed up for an appointment and to contact my primary doc to schedule another appointment with another endocrinologist as I will not be rescheduled in their office. WELL EXCUSE ME YOU RUDE IDIOTS!!! You were the ones who canceled my appt!!!!! I will never darken their doorway and make sure everyone I know who needs an endocrinologist to forget this place!!!

Rude and uncaring.

Dr. Scoma was rude and condescending offering no help and very little caring. I have a follow up appointment but do not want to see him again. My husband came with me and said that he did not want me to go back to his office again.

Diabetes Doctor for years!!

I have always found Dr. Scoma to be really caring. He has always spent as much time as necessary with me and when necessary has been very available after normal hours. A great doctor!!!!!

Personal review of Dr. Scoma

My overall experience with Dr. Scoma was not what I hoped I'd get. I felt he was rushed and doesn't seem to have a high tollerance for kids. He is a nice man and the staff does get back to you if you call in with any questions. I am in the process of researching other Dr's for my needs.

THIS DOCTOR NEEDS LESSONS ON BEDSIDE MANNERS I MET LADY IN MY PARK AND SHE HAD SAME OPINION OF HIM.I WENT TO HIM THREE TIMES TO GIVE HIM BENEFIT OF DOUBT. OFFICE STAFF WAS NICE BUT HE NEEDS SOME LESSONS ON HOW TO BE KIND TO HIS PATIENTS I HAVE BAD MOUTHED HIM TO EVERYONE I KNOW WHO IS LOOKING FOR AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST SO THEY DO NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH SAME EXPERIENCE AS WE DID. BAD NEWS

Dr. Scoma is Great

I went to his office in Winter Park and I'm so thankful. I had all kinds of problems related to my thyroid and thanks to his help I feel so much better. Thanks Dr. Scoma!!!