Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew G Seltzer has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
He referred me for an MRI and then my next available appointment was one full month later. I asked for my MRI and they keep saying they will call me back but do not call me back. Dr. Zeltzer wouldnt even shake my hand when i met him. He was not polite and spent about 3 minutes with me. One of the worst Doctors i have eve seen.
Dr Sletzer has wasted 2 years of my life. He only spends 5 min max with patientsno matter they pain level, will not give adiquit pain control, and thinks injections will fix all. I have major pain, in er right now die to his lack of ever calling back. Worst mistake I have made. Now wants to send me to a Dr with poor reviews in beverly hills. He never mentioned any thing other than injections for my pain even after I've had success with other treatments . You have been warned
Dr. Seltzer read one may be two pages pages out of a book full treatment to provide an opinion on my utilization review for my treatment of pain. I had a ladder break on me in 2004 in which i fell 8ft and landed on my tailbone. I broke my left wrist in three places as well as broke a piece off of my spine and ruptured two disks. I had surgery in 2005 and the surgeon said he would probably see me back in 5 years. Well it has been 11 and the only thing that has helped me mange pain on a daily basis and allowed me to continue to work is my low dose of Norco. It does not even come close to taking care of all my pain, but if I took enough pain meds to deal with all of the pain I would not be able to work. Thanks to Dr. Selter and his poor review of my case I am now being denied my pain meds. He recommended alternate therapy but could not even describe what he meant by that. Let me see, over the years I have tried everything. But with our horrible Workers Comp system the deny every alternate form of therapy. Pray that this guy is not responsible for deciding your pain management. If you happen to read this you can probably identify the poor soul you have only caused more harm too. Please stop being part of the problem and quit doing reviews without actually consulting with the patient or at least their practitioner.
18 Years Experience
University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Andrew G Seltzer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Andrew G Seltzer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.