Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Andrew M Sharobeem has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Andrew M Sharobeem has the following 22 expertise
- Lyme Disease
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Osteitis Deformans (Paget's Disease)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
- Raynaud Disease
- Polyarteritis Nodosa
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 2 of 6
This Dr is wonderful, he truly takes his time to explain everything, unfortunately the office staff at the front desk is horrific and rude. Never a smile , half the time the woman there does not even look up at you . I have been trying to get my medication called in for over one week now. I have reached out countless times and so has my pharmacy. Today is Saturday and I am in so much pain since I have been out of my medication so I called the answering service and spoke with a girl named Lori. I can not even begin to tell you how rude and obnoxious she was. When I told her I was out of my medication and in severe pain she let out a huge sigh like I was bothering her. IM SORRY TO BOTHER YOU LORI BUT THIS IS YOUR JOB AND YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS WORKING WITH SICK PATIENTS. My suggestion , find a job where you don't have to interact at all with people! You are by far the rudest person I've ever talked with. I'm telling you right now, I've been working in the medical field for years and would fire you on the spot. With this being said I will be searching for a new physician come Monday. It's just not worth the aggravation anymore.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
8 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2010
Roger Williams Medical Center
Dr. Andrew M Sharobeem accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO