Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew A Shinar
Dr. Andrew A Shinar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Shinar is affiliated with Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation. Dr. Shinar has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew A Shinar has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Andrew A Shinar has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. Andrew A Shinar has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Andrew A Shinar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
After being told that I was too young for a hip replacement, I sought a second opinion in Nashville… and I’m grateful I did. Dr. Shinar evaluated my pain and lack of mobility, and recommended a total hip replacement. I had no complications, the incision healed nicely, and recovery went better than I ever imagined. Four years after surgery, and I couldn’t be happier with the results. I’d also like to add that Dr. Shinar is one of the nicest doctors I’ve been to in a long, long time.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Shinar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1988
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Andrew A Shinar accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsVanderbilt University Medical Center East, 1215 21st Ave S, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew A Shinar in this video.
Dr. Andrew A Shinar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.