Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew Skinner
Dr. Andrew Skinner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anderson, IN. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Skinner is affiliated with Saint John's Medical Center, St.Vincent Heart Center Of Indiana,Llc and Saint John's Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew Skinner has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
the Anderson center is a place to go if you are having trouble with depression or anxiety are coming off drugs.Dr skinner.is my doctor and I'm very happy with him even though he did not give me what I wanted I struggled coming off heroin and once before I was on suboxon I took advantage of the program and he cut me off.he was only doing his jobit was for the best that he did not prescribe me suboxin.I am very happy with my doctor and I wouldn't go to any other place other than the Anderson center if I were to get sick again
Dr. Skinner is a doctor who listened to me. I could tell he cared and wanted to help me get better. He took the time to explain things to me and helped me to decide between medication options. He never rushed me off. If you do get an appointment, don't get one at the end of the day or you will probably sit and wait!
Dr. Skinner has been my psychiatrist for almost five years. I had seen several dr.'s before being treated at the Anderson Center. I can honestly say that Dr. Skinner and the Anderson Center has saved my life. I have been diagnosed bi polar. I also have addiction issues. I have been treated several times at the anderson center for being suicidal. No matter how bad my life has gotten in the past I always knew Dr. Skinner and the Anderson Center would be there to help me. He is a dr. who really cares for and understands his patients. I feel very lucky to have him as my dr. I know that he has had a big part in me getting my life back together. He
Dr. Skinner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint John's Medical Center
St.Vincent Heart Center Of Indiana,Llc
Saint John's Health System
Anderson Center of Saint John's
St. Vincent Pediatric Rehabilitation Center
Saint John`s Medical Center
17 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. Andrew Skinner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsST JOHNS ANDERSON CENTER, 2210 Jackson St, Anderson, IN
Dr. Andrew Skinner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anderson, IN.