Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew J Somers Jr
Dr. Andrew J Somers Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Little Rock, AR. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Somers is affiliated with Arkansas Heart Hospital and Baptist Health Medical Center North Little Rock. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew J Somers Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Andrew J Somers Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Andrew J Somers Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
I would definitely NOT recommend anyone to see this doctor. He is all about the MONEY!!! He doesn't take time out to see what's going on with the patient, nor does he show any concern what so ever. The little concern that he does try to show, you can tell it's not sincere. I waited over an hour to see him and then he rushed me out. I've seen him several times and each time he rubs me wrong so I will not be visiting Autumn Road ever again. Don't you go there either!!!!
I saw Dr. Somers as a new patient, and I am looking forward to seeing him on a regular basis as my PcP. Dr. Somers has an excellent attitude, seems very caring, and is willing to take the extra time to discuss information with you. He wants to get to the root of your problem, rather than just throwing pills at you. He has a positive attitude and I left his office feeling upbeat. His office staff is also gracious and helpful. Highly recommended!
Dr. Somers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Hospital Of Arkansas
Dr. Andrew J Somers Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAutumn Road Family Practice, 904 Autumn Rd Ste 200, Little Rock, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew J Somers Jr in this video.
Dr. Andrew J Somers Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.