Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Andrew J St Martin has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Andrew J St Martin has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Andrew J St Martin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Today I saw Dr. Andrew St.Martin and I do use the term Dr. loosely . I was requesting orders for a cervical MRI since this is a requirement in order for steroid epidural injections to be administered. I have a 23 year record of back issues and with age and heavy physical activity my condition has worsened. Three years ago I found the amazing Dr. Patrick Waring. He believes in treating and healing not medicating the problem. Unfortunately after living three years pain free I now am in need of more steroid treatment. ANDREW ST.MARTIN refused to write the orders saying he didn't think I needed an MRI and that they are expensive. I know my body and what I'm feeling. I would totallly not recommend this man who I can NOT call a doctor. People like him give OCHSNER a bad name. This is why I go to urgent care on 51. These doctors are professional and accurate. Sorry to say they can't write orders for test! 😞
Dr. St. Martin is the exception to what some patients think of the medical proffession today. He reminds me of the doctors of yesteryear: patient, kind, compassionate. His bedside manner lets his patients know he is there for them in everyway. I have been a patient for at least 8 years, he is right on target when he diagnoses the problem, is aware of his patients needs and goes out of his way to make sure the patient understands and is able to continue to heed his suggestions when they leave his office. All of this with a smile and a tremenous sense of humor. You can tell he loves what he does and the patients he serves. Wonderful Dr., great man!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1999
University Medical Center
Dr. Andrew J St Martin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Andrew J St Martin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Place, LA.