Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew T Strigenz has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Andrew T Strigenz has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Andrew T Strigenz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Few years ago, I had surgery in which Dr Strigenz was my anesthesiologist. Before surgery, he seemed attentive, approachable, appeared to listen and care. In retrospect, I believe I was appropriately sedated and had minimal nausea post-op. However, i specifically told him I have had 2 bad experiences with a medication (Versed) often given prior to surgery to relax the patient. Although a rare reaction, this "relaxer" severely agitates me, for about 36 hrs post-op. While being driven home by my sister, I was so agitated, my sister had to hold my shirt while driving on the freeway to prevent me from opening the car door and jumping out! Later after inquiring at my surgeon's office, I learned Dr Strigenz gave me Versed anyway! -after I'd told him of my two previous bad experiences and that my previous surgeon had advised me to caution future doctors, especially anesthesiologists to use something else. Upon questioning him Dr Strigenz's only response was--I didn't think that Versed was the reason for your agitation! Ridiculous! He should have listened to me, because I have been in healthcare for dozens of years and because my surgeon had also advised me to relate my bad experience to any future doctors. He had no excuse and never should have given me Versed. For these reasons I wouldn't recommend Dr Strigenz at all, even though everything else as related to Dr Strigenz seemed to go quite well. I'm only thankful I didn't escape my sister's car!
31 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Andrew T Strigenz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew T Strigenz in this video.
Dr. Andrew T Strigenz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellevue, WA.