Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew T Mcdonald
Dr. Andrew T Mcdonald, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newnan, GA, with other offices in Newnan, GA and Newnan, GA . He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Hospitalist. Dr. Mcdonald is affiliated with Piedmont Newnan Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew T Mcdonald has 3 locations
2401 Newnan Crossing Blvd E Ste 200
Newnan, GA 30265
745 Poplar Rd
Newnan, GA 30265
Book Online Now
Dr. Andrew T Mcdonald has the following 1 specialty
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. Andrew T Mcdonald has the following 6 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrew T Mcdonald - Posted on October 29th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrew T Mcdonald - Posted on August 10th, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mcdonald is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Andrew T Mcdonald Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Andrew T Mcdonald
Andrew T. McDonald, MD, earned his medical degree and completed his internal medicine from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta. Dr. McDonald is board certified in internal medicine and has been serving the Coweta community for over 20 years. Prior to joining Piedmont Physicians Group, Dr. McDonald was in practice at the PAPP Clinic. His special interests include diabetes, hypertension and general internal medicine. In his free time, Dr. McDonald enjoys spending time with his family. Dr. McDonald is accepting new patients and welcomes most major insurance plans.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew T Mcdonald, MD - Hospitalist in Newnan, GA, in this video.
Dr. Andrew T Mcdonald is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newnan, GA.