Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew T Ng
Dr. Andrew T Ng, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Poughkeepsie, NY, with another office in Poughkeepsie, NY. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Ng is affiliated with Healthalliance Hospital Broadway Campus. Dr. Ng has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew T Ng has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Ng is a phenomenal physician. He actually cares about your health, not about what type of insurance you have. He explains all possibilities of treatment available to you and let's you make your own decision. He always makes you feel that there aren't any dumb questions to ask
I've been to many doctors over the years and Dr. Ng is the best. He knows many medical professionals throughout the USA, he's up to date with new medical information & procedures, he's thorough, excellent at all he does, and has a caring manner in how well he treats patients. I've been going to him for over a year now. He's reduced my pain significantly!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Ng is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Andrew T Ng accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew T Ng in this video.
Dr. Andrew T Ng is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poughkeepsie, NY.