Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Andrew I Tobkes
Dr. Andrew I Tobkes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockledge, FL. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Tobkes is affiliated with Wuesthoff Medical Center. Dr. Tobkes has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew I Tobkes has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Andrew I Tobkes has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Dr. Andrew I Tobkes has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Tobkes is kind, patient and shows he cares about you and your health. When your appointment is at 2:00 you can expect to be called back to have your vitals checked at 2:00. Scheduling an appointment is easy and the office staff top caliber. I wish more doctors ran their practice like Dr. Tobkes does.
Dr. Tobkes is very intelligent, knowledgeable, an incisive man with excellent medical judgment. He can be but is not always a bit mean; but the upside is that he is brutally honest and forthright. You don''t have to worry about him shading the truth and he is usually right. Both Dr. Tobkes and his staff are often condescending and unconcerned with patients' wants & needs. His expertise makes up for his lack of bedside manner, especially since most of the time patients spend with him they are conscious and have their backs to him. Though his medical views and personal style are usually consistent, you won't find a better GI doc w/o going to Orlando.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tobkes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of South Florida Medical Center
Dr. Andrew I Tobkes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & DirectionsANDREW TOBKES MD PA, 1009 Harvin Way Ste 100, Rockledge, FL
Dr. Andrew I Tobkes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockledge, FL.