Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew I Tobkes MD
Dr. Andrew I Tobkes has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Andrew I Tobkes has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrew I Tobkes - Posted on March 28th, 2019
Really got to know me and my background and issues. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Scheduled an appointment within a week of calling, didn't have to wait in waiting room more than 10 minutes. Doctor spent quite a bit of time with me going over my problems on initial visit, and even more time on the colonoscopy follow-up visit, going over results and diagnosis.
Caring and excellent
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrew I Tobkes - Posted on September 11th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrew I Tobkes - Posted on June 21st, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrew I Tobkes - Posted on February 7th, 2016
Dr. Tobkes is kind, patient and shows he cares about you and your health. When your appointment is at 2:00 you can expect to be called back to have your vitals checked at 2:00. Scheduling an appointment is easy and the office staff top caliber. I wish more doctors ran their practice like Dr. Tobkes does.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrew I Tobkes - Posted on February 2nd, 2016
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
30 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of South Florida Medical Center
Dr. Andrew I Tobkes Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & DirectionsANDREW TOBKES MD PA, 1009 Harvin Way Ste 100, Rockledge, FL
Dr. Andrew I Tobkes is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rockledge, FL.