Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew W Murphy
Dr. Andrew W Murphy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Chester, PA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Murphy is affiliated with Brandywine Hospital and Chester County Hospital. Dr. Murphy has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew W Murphy has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergies
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Watery Eyes
Showing 5 of 16
The office staff is incredibly nice, friendly and helpful. I arrived early, filled out paperwork and was seen 15 minutes before my scheduled visit. However, Dr. Murphy was less than impressive. He didn't have an answer to my situation so he said he would think about it over the weekend and call me the following week. It's been a month and a half now and I've had no call. I honestly knew as I left his office that day that he wasn't going to call. He did, however, bill my insurance company right away. $210...such a waste of time and money. And I received a bill for the coinsurance amount less than 2 weeks after the appointment. My advice, find another doctor. This guy isn't worth your time or money.
I feel exploited by Dr. Murphy and his office staff. I am suffering with severe autoimmune disorder and flare up. I had called many doctors before contacting his office, asking each one if the doctor was knowledgable and treated autoimmune disorders. They told me explicitly "yes," and made me an appointment for that same morning. That should have been a warning sign. They rushed me through check in, taking my copay of course, after which the doctor came in with his papers, asked about 15 very quick questions, told me that he couldn't help me, and I was promptly dismissed. I truly feel violated by this office. Maybe he's okay with kids allergy shots: I saw many there. But anything else, DON'T GO.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Murphy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Andrew W Murphy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAsthma Allergy And Sinus Center, 1065 Andrew Dr, West Chester, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew W Murphy in this video.
Dr. Andrew W Murphy is similar to the following 0 Doctors near West Chester, PA.