Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew J Weinstein
Dr. Andrew J Weinstein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL, with another office in Fernandina Beach, FL. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Weinstein is affiliated with St Vincents Medical Center Riverside. Dr. Weinstein has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew J Weinstein has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Exercise Stress Test
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Chest Pain
- Shortness of Breath
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 14
I have no qualms about Dr Weinstein as a cardiologist. He's a decent doctor if you don't mind waiting to see him. I arrived 15 minutes prior to my appointment and waited an hour and a half to see the doctor. At that time I told checkout, she said she would see how much longer it would be at which time I advised her that I was done for the day. It might have helped if someone informed me that he was running late or got called to a hospital emergency but after they got my copay the staff pretty much ignored my presence. They should realize that not all of there patients have nothing better to do than sit around and wait. I had to take time off from work to see him. I don't care how good a doctor is, no one should wait an hour and 15 minutes past appointment time to see them. Its commendable that they take that time with their patients but if that's the case they should account for that when setting appointments.
Though I have not been a patient of Dr. Weinstein's since 2001, I still appreciate him for the care I received during the beginning of my very fragile heart condition. Due to needing to change to Shands while waiting on Medicare, I was unable to maintain Dr, Weinstein as my physician. But, I will always be thankful for him when I needed him most. A good physician!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Weinstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Andrew J Weinstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Andrew J Weinstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.