Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew W Winnefeld has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I would NOT recommend Dr. Winnifeld to ANYONE. He is HIGHLY discriminative and if you mention any pain in your body he will automatically assume you are a "pill popper" seeking medication and spend your entire appointment accusing you of being an addict. He had to Google EVERY question I asked him. I haven't been to a doctor in years and decided to go in for a pain in my lower back that I assumed stemmed from an accident I had 20 years ago. I simply wanted an MRI referral to rule out the pain, and a referral to an acupuncturist to treat it. I was not seeking any medication nor did I ask for any. His response to my wanting an MRI was that it wouldn't matter what the MRI said because there's nothing he could do about it and then attempted to argue with me about wanting one. He had me bend over and touch my toes and diagnosed me as being "fine". After that appointment I spoke with several other doctors in the Grand Valley who suggested that I learn my rights as patient and that he should not be practicing. I have since had my MRI and they were able to determine that I had several degenerative disks and severe nerve damage. I am STILL not on any sort of pain medicines (by choice) but I have been getting treatment alternatively. I also went into my patient portal notes where he had diagnosed me as 'obese' during this appointment which apparently he decided and did not discus. I am not, and he also put in my notes that I suffered from 'migraines' which I had never experienced in my life. In the notes he failed to mention my original problem. Please do not go to this doctor for medical care, he is TERRIBLE.
23 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Andrew W Winnefeld accepts the following insurance providers.
- Altius Provider Directory
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew W Winnefeld in this video.
Dr. Andrew W Winnefeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Junction, CO.