Dr. Andrew S Youkilis Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew S Youkilis?

he cut a nerve in my back. he messed up

Very arrogant physician. Talks down to patients.... very humiliating

Patient

Dr. Youkilis know exactly what my problem was he was very professional he didn't try to rush me through he fixed the problem I had a hernia disc pushing up against my spine he came and talked to me everyday that I was in the hospital he explained all the procedures and what to expect and I appreciate Dr. Youkilis I recommend him him and his staff did a awesome job

Great

Amazing Doctor all the way around.

Dr. Youkilis is the Best. He performed surgery on my lower back two different times. I went to him with pain in my legs that I could no longer live with. After surgery, in both cases, my pain totally went away and I was back to work in 4 to 5 days. I recommend him to everyone I know with back pain.

Dr Youkilis Is Awesome!!

Dr Youkilis is competent, compassionate and went above and beyond for me. He's a gift!

Ego Issues, doesn't know how to read well.

Staff is great, but he has ego issues. A million blind monkeys beating on keyboard into webmd could have come up with better diagnoses. Doesn't know how to read a MRI well, because he missed the disc issue, even though it was in the report from another place. He kept reading the wrong one from the wrong date.

What A Joke

The staff at St Lukes were wonderful but Dr Andrew S Youkilis was was a huge let down. The only thing he seemed to listen to was the sound of his own voice. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting any of the other Neurosurgens but I wouldn't even recommend him to an enemy. Ego Ego Ego

Professional, Efficient and Friendly

My spouse had a herniated disc and we not only got an appointment quickly but the surgery was done the following week. He explained my wife's MRI to us very thoroughly and we both felt confident about the upcoming operation. The little woman has shown great improvement in just 2 weeks and we have high hopes this trend will continue! Kudos!!!

accurate but cold and short-tempered

He diagnosed me correctly (which one other respected doctor had not been able to do)even though he took 2 personal cell phone calls during the exam, and left the room once for several minutes. Although he apologized for leaving, he did not want to answer all my questions--gave me 3 minutes or less to make a life-changing surgical decision, and VERY little 2-way discussion of pros/cons, or long-term prognosis. When I tried to make a follow-up appointment to ask for more info, I was told my diagnosis and surgery plan have been offered; take it or leave it. I have heard he is not always this way, especially to men and important public figures, but that's how it was with me. I know he is considered (by nurses who have worked with him; I met one who told me this)quite competent, and in general just a somewhat distant or cool bedside manner, but not abusive or mean. Guess I got lucky (not), or you have to be the type of patient he prefers.

Great before surgery. Great night of surgery. Partner awful morning after. Follow up fair. Months later felt blown off when complained of continuing pain. Office staff great.

Impressive

Dr Youkalis performed brain surgery on my mother on two different occasions. He was very thorough both times. He shared information and made sure we had a good understanding of the situation. We never felt rushed or persuaded. He made sure all of our questions were answered. I feel he was always honest with us and made sure surgery was the best option. Follow up calls were made to check on my mothers status and how she was healing. He is an incredibly kind and gentle man; no inflated ego here. I would highly recommend him and his staff.

Dr. Andrew S Youkilis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesterfield, MO.