Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrzej R Zajac has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Sports Medicine
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 28
Dr Zajac sent my son home with a 786 blood sugar level!! I took my son in to see him after losing 50 pounds in three months and after Dr Zajac did a urine test, that showed sugar, never took his blood sugar. He advised us to see a endocrinologist, the next day I called and was told it was a two month wait!!! Thank God after me pleading, not Dr Zajac, to get him in they found a cancellation that day and got him in, sending him straight to the hospital with a critical blood sugar level. Also, two weeks prior to this my older son had to have emergency appendectomy surgery that Dr Zacjac also missed. He told him that he should see a Gasteroligist. The doctor that he recommeded thought it might be IBS, never did one test!! A prompt care doctor found this, thank God! I would never go back to Dr Zajac and would never recommend him to anyone.
I have been a patient of Dr. Zajac for at least 10 years now. I had been contemplating changing doctors for a while, but after today, I did! I went in for a physical and some other issues I'd been having. He was his polite self as usual but when I began to explain to him my concerns and how my issues were effecting my job so much so that my boss gave me FMLA paperwork so I wouldn't blemish my attendance due to my condition. He basically told me it wasn't necessary and that it would just result in more paperwork and visits! I couldn't believe it. I'm now with a Beaumont doctor, good riddance. For those that think he's got good bedside manner, you must not know what bedside manner is.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Zajac is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Andrzej R Zajac accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCornerstone Health Services, 46591 Romeo Plank Rd Ste 200, Macomb, MI
Dr. Andrzej R Zajac is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Macomb, MI.