Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Angel Caraballo
Angel Caraballo, M.D. is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine, Psychiatry and Child Psychiatry. Angel Caraballo is affiliated with NYP MORGAN STANLEY CHILDRENS HOSPITAL, New York Presbyterian HospitalWestchester Division and New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion. He speaks Spanish.
Angel Caraballo has the following 3 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child Psychiatry
A pediatric/adolescent psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental and emotional conditions in young children and adolescents.
These specialists study psychopathological disorders and their causes in order to prevent and identify them in their patients. These disorders may be caused by biological, psychosocial, genetic, demographic, or environmental factors, a patient's history, or any combination of these factors.
Pediatric/adolescent psychiatrists treat patients through a variety of interventions including medical treatment, behavior therapy, cognitive-behavior therapy, problem solving techniques, family therapy, parent training, psychodynamic therapy, and consultation with the patient's primary care physician or school professionals.
Angel Caraballo has the following 16 expertise
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Child Psychiatry
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
Angel Caraballo has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Angel Caraballo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Caraballo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NYP MORGAN STANLEY CHILDRENS HOSPITAL
New York Presbyterian HospitalWestchester Division
New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion
Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
New York Presbyterian HospitalNew York Weill Cornell Center
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
11 Years Experience
Instituto Tecnologico De Santo Domingo (Intec)
Graduated in 2001
Stony Brook University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAngel Caraballo, MD, 140 W 86TH STREET, New York, NY
Angel Caraballo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.