Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Angela N Smith
Dr. Angela N Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tyler, TX. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Smith is affiliated with East Texas Medical Center Carthage, Trinity Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler and Christus Mother Frances Hospital Jacksonville. She speaks English.
Dr. Angela N Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Angela N Smith has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Angela N Smith has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
I have not seen the actual Doctor in years. I have been seeing a PA. The PA is not available so you see a Nurse. It is like seeing someone new everytime. They do not return your calls. To get your Med refills (meds they prescribed for you to begin with) is like pulling teeth. They tell you to come to your appointments and they will refill for you and you do exactly that and then they refuse to refill and will not talk to you on the phone. And yes they do bill your insurance company when they get a script request from your pharmacy. I am currently looking for a new PCP.
Run don't waste your time here. Dr. Chambers is all about making money not your well being. She is also very rude to her staff in from of patients. She doesn't listen and try to help. She always has a diagnosis but in my case was always wrong. I had other problems that was causing the problem she felt I had but didn't want to look farther. Dont waste your time you will be looking for another Dr if you go here.
I am in the process of finding a new doctor. When the pharmacist had to call in to renew by prescription , a bill was submitted to the insurance for about $80 ( from the doctor office for pulling the file). I just dont have a good feeling about this doctor. I have talked to several people that "USED" to be patients there and they left because they did not think they were getting the good care. That is not a good sign. That is also my feeling.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Wright State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Angela N Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWillow Wellness Center Pa, 820 E Front St, Tyler, TX
Dr. Angela N Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tyler, TX.