Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Angela Fishman has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Angela Fishman has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Angela Fishman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
I was referred by my PC doctor to get tested for celiac. I went to see her and told her all the issues I was having after eating gluten. I also told her that I went gluten free over 6 months prior to seeing her. She scheduled a test where she biopsied several parts of my colon. After the procedure she told me that I was not celiac and I could eat all the gluten I wanted. I was stunned because I had already told her that I went on an elimination diet and gluten was a problem. I felt that I was not heard and never went back. I still do not eat gluten and if I happen to by accident (eating out, etc) I will be sick for several days to a week depending on how much I ate, and she told me to eat it!! In addition, when I returned to my PC and told him what was said, he told me to not eat gluten because he didn't want to see me in 20yrs for colon cancer! He also said that it doesn't always show up on tests and that I should of been told that. I would never recommend this doctor!
Have had a problem for many years that no Dr's were able to explain. Dr. Fishman, after many tests, perscribed a treatment and recommended being seen at Mass. Gen. The Dr. at mass Gen diagnosed my problem as a rare condition and said that the treatment (medication)was spot on by Dr. Fishman. He tweaked it a bit and I have been very happy with the resulted.
Dr. Fishman and her office staff were not only professional but curtious, friendly and knowledgeable. Dr. Fishman herself put me at ease with the procedure I was going to have and spoke to me before and after the procedure. Her staff called me the next day and Dr. Fishman called me within a few days of the procedure. I would recommend her to both family and friends. The facility is 5 star in my opinion!! Great Job!!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
22 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Angela Fishman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Gastroenterology, 1407 S County Trl Ste 411, East Greenwich, RI
Dr. Angela Fishman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Greenwich, RI.