Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Angela A Gomez has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Showing 5 of 7
This office overbooks appointments and you could find yourself waiting as much as two hours (sometimes more) to be called. People that are employed cannot sit in an overbooked doctors office for hours. Knowing this I telephoned ahead of my scheduled appointment to ask if doctor was on time. The girl told me she was an hour behind schedule. I asked if ok for me to keep my appointment and come in 30 minutes later. They told me no problem. Once I got there it appeared that because I didn't get a name of the person I spoke with they could not verify my story. I did not make up the story I simply wanted to stay at work instead of sitting in a delayed office. I was asked to sit and wait. My appointment was at 10:30 & I got there at 11:00. One gentlemen went in and I asked what time his appointment was, he said 11:00. About an hour later I asked approx where I was on the list and the girl said I had 6 others ahead of me. That's when I called it quits. Not the first time I have had to sit and wait, unlike others in the waiting area I do work. Have heard good things about her thoroughness but in my opinion she needs to schedule her appointments accordingly. Have heard from other patients waiting that this has been a big problem for awhile.
From the first visit, the incompetance of the front desk staff was evident. Also, refused to see me because I didn't have a physical insurance card even though at the time I made the appointment, they never mentioned it. They misspell my name constantly. Dr. Gomez is very knowledgeable but extremely dry and always has a condesending tone. She talks down to you like you are a child and unable to understand what she says. Also, it's very difficult to get a word in; she does all the talking and permits no time for questions. If you call to cancel an appointment, they automatically reschedule it on a random day and time and don't let you know. And when waiting to see the doctor, get ready to wait.
Didn't really like her. I will give her credit she thought to test for things oher people hadn't but her manner was horrible. Very dry and talked down to you. Was shocked that the diet she put me on didn't work and then tried to say it was on me. Uggg! The arrogance, lady I have PCOS very hard for me to loose weight. So since I was only going as a PCOS patient I dont know if she just didn't know enough of this diseas to treat it but still her manners very very dry.
Jackson Health System
Dr. Angela A Gomez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVeras And Gomez Medical Group, 747 Ponce De Leon Blvd Ste 606, Coral Gables, FL
Dr. Angela A Gomez is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Coral Gables, FL.