Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Angela D Hamlin has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Hamlin's staff does her an incredible disservice. They are rude, inconsiderate and fail to do their job. Their failure to follow up with me on a referral matter they promised to follow up on caused me major complications with another doctor's office to whom I was being referred. Literally every single time I have had to interact with Dr. Hamlin's staff I have been treated rudely and they have made some kind of ridiculous error. I am officially done and will be changing to a new primary care doctor because of the repeated mistakes, rudeness, and failures of Dr. Hamlin's staff.
I am so used to Dr's rushing in and out, this doctor made me feel very important, was calm, and sat down and really listened. You felt like you weren't being neglected. It is true about staff though, the nurse who got me in the room looked bored and irritated and one of them rolled their eyes at me when I asked how long it would take them to send the prescription over. Hopefully the staff changes.
Dr. Hamlin is a well informed, intelligent doctor with good bedside manner. However, it is difficult to rely on her and her practice when referrals, or rapid appointments are needed. Her office staff have also been rude in my opinion. Also I have been with the practice several years and I am not reminded to make annual physical appointments. My former doctor was better about staying on top of the annual exams.
Dr. Hamlin has been my primary care physician for several years now and she is excellent! I work in the medical field and can honestly say she is one of the best physicians I have come across. She is caring and most importantly, she takes the time to listen! If you need to see her urgently, she is always very accommodating. I highly recommend Dr. Hamlin!
I spoke with whoever answered the phone and told them I have an ear infection. She made an appointment for me for that same day. I did not have to wait more than one or two minutes for an examination room. The doctor came in right away. She listened to me. Asked my opinion about my options. We agreed on a course of action, and she asked me to call her if my ear did not clear up. I was in and out in a very reasonable amount of time and thought it an excellent experience. Maybe she changed her staff (or spoke with them), but I didn't see any rude or lazy behavior.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Angela D Hamlin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBirmingham Medical Associates, 306 Town Center Dr, Troy, MI
Dr. Angela D Hamlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Troy, MI.