Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Angela M Harden-Mack has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Angela M Harden-Mack has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 3 of 3
Very unhappy with my experience with this doctor. I felt she was reading from a script and got irritated when I tried to ask a question. Also being that my appt was at the end of the day I felt very rushed so they could close. Was told I should spend my money on a gym membership instead and perhaps it wasn't the right time for me to lose weight. (That is like saying its not the right time for me to be healthy?!?) Upon Ieaving I still had to pay a large amount although I was basically just dismissed. Would have been nice if they could have saved me the time and trouble of taking off work for the appointment that I would not be getting anything more than a dismissal. She made suggestions for counseling and personal trainer but could not provide referrals or even names. I felt I was being treated like a drug-seeker even though I never expressed interest in pharmaceuticals at this visit. I did do weight wise/phentermine in the past but recall there being other programs such as optifast but I was not even offered the suggestion. I was told I was not heavy enough for surgical options which I understand but it did occur to me perhaps she did not think I had enough weight to lose to be a real "sucess story" and I was left wondering, should I gain more just so I can qualify for that treatment and be taken seriously?? It was an absolutely humiliating experience (as if being obese is not already humiliating enough). I felt unwelcome and will never return. In my opinion it was nothing but a waste of time and I only feel worse about my condition after being seen by her.
24 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsShenandoah Medicine, 755 S Main St Ste B08, Woodstock, VA
Dr. Angela M Harden-Mack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodstock, VA.