Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Angela J Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 10
I found Dr. Brown to be particularly attentive to my concerns at first, however she then presented a disposition that portrayed her as arrogant, smug, and insensitive. Example: I revealed to Dr. Brown that I would like have my glucose levels checked for diabetes, as I seem to be having symptoms: frequent urination, excessive thirst, sudden vision changes, and feeling very tired much of the time., she replied, âDonât you tell me what you need, Iâll tell youâ. 1st incident. Next, my mom had also chosen Dr. Brown as her Primary Care physician. My mom was admitted to hospital with a serious problem and the discharge doctor called Dr. Brown to confer with her about my momâs treatment. Dr. Brown did not return her phone calls or ours. Needless to say the discharge doctor became my momâs physician. 2nd incident Finally, I became very ill and was admitted to hospital. I made an appointment with my primary care physician (Dr. Brown) upon my discharge, in addition I had been taken off of my blood pressure medications and had spike another high fever. The Kiosk system was relatively new and between me and the ladies at the front, we could not figure why my name would not appear. When I finally got to the back for my appointment, even though three of the front desk people told Dr. Brown I was not late; she refused to see me and said I would have to see the Physicianâs Assistant later that afternoon. The nurse told her I had a 102-degree temperature, I had just been released from the hospital a week ago and was off my blood pressure meds. She said, âMy lateness would run into her next appointment- no one was even in the waiting area for her/ nor was she seeing anyone. 3rd incident. Others I know have since left Dr. Brown due to her attitude. Iâm confused by her demeanor as her oath states to do no harm. Others I know have since left Dr. Brown due to her attitude. Iâm confused by her demeanor as her oath states to do no harm. Another doctor, said the behavior was outrageous and called a friend who immediately had me come directly from Dr. Brownâs office to her office. Thank God for professional physicians that take their oath seriously.
25 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Mercy Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Angela J Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Angela J Brown in this video.
Dr. Angela J Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MD.