Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Angela I Uba has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 39
My main problems with Dr. Uba are that first, she badmouthed one of her other patients to me. Second, I don't think she really listened to what I wanted to talk to her about. Third, she prescribed a medication for a non-threatening condition I never mentioned wanting to address in this manner. Fourth, the wait time at the office was around 45 minutes. Fifth, the office somehow managed to make an appointment for me on a day that the office would be closed, and no one there contacted me to correct the mistake. I got all the way to the office (a 30 minute drive) to find out it was closed. The medical assistants were really nice, and the offices were really clean. Dr. Uba may be very kind and a great person outside of this office setting, but I do not want her involved with my healthcare.
I took my dad to Dr. Uba when he moved here because he needed a doctor in order to be accepted into assisted living. The first appointment we had to wait a long time for her but when she did see him she spent a long time with us I felt getting to know my dad and I. I thought this would be a good patient/Dr relationship. About 6 months later my dad had to go see her and she was rude, and short with him. It seemed like she just didn't like us at all. I had to bring him back for a procedure and about a week later we got a letter saying he had to find a different doctor as she would no longer see patients in long term care. It seems to me like she just wants to cherry pick her patients. I guess she is making enough money in her practice that she is able to do this. Now we get to see another doctor and I don't think he will have to work hard to be better than her.
I have never had a more frustrating experience. After having swollen glands/thyroid for over month I decided to get checked out, I was overdue for a physical anyways. I got childcare for 2 of my 3 children, woke my son up early from his nap and went in. I had to wait almost an HOUR to see the dr (mind you, I was the ONLY person in the waiting room the entire time I was there), after I I told them I needed to leave soon, my childcare was ending. Dr races in rushes through a super brief discussion with me...5 minutes, I have to leave. I was hoping it was a fluke, signed up for patient portal as they suggested, sent a LENGHTLY email with loads of questions that I had since I did not get the time to ask them in my appt. NEVER heard back. Then 4 or five months later, I get a $300+ bill. Of course I am wondering what in the heck I am being charged for. No one knows why my email was not answered. I am on call #3 now to try and resolve this bill, and still no response from dr. The whole experience has been a HUGE waste of time for me and so utterly frustrating. I wanted to like this dr.....I needed to establish a relationship with a dr besides my midwives since I am now past that part of my life. The reviews look promising, but I have been totally disappointed.
Dr. Uba is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Nigeria
Graduated in 1985
St Clares Hospital
Dr. Angela I Uba accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsHealth First Family Medicine Llc, 2975 SE Cornelius Pass Rd Ste A, Hillsboro, OR
Dr. Angela I Uba is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hillsboro, OR.