Dr. Angeli Akey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Angeli Akey?

You get 30 seconds or less if you are a follow up patient & charged full OV

Posted on November 3rd, 2016

Twice now I arrived 5 minutes before my appt time and waited for 1 1/2 in the waiting room to see Dr. Akey. Then the MA came and got me, took my vitals and left me in the room for another 15 to 20 minutes before Dr. Akey came in the room. She gave me less than 30 seconds of her time and out the door she went. The MA came back and gave me a print out from the office visit which had information incorrect as to which Drs I had seen for another problem. They never call you back when you call in a question. Very disappointed with Dr Akey. Her priority is to see you once, sign you up for her classes (for which they take your BP, temp, & Ht/Wt so the insurance can be charged an OV), have you buy supplements, & then pass you off to her Nurse Practioner. I think she is probably good with gut issues if you keep going to the classes but she doesn't have time for you otherwise!!!

Bait and Switch

Posted on June 30th, 2016

I would not recommend going to this clinic. Dr. Akey is listed as an internal medicine doctor but you will end up seeing her physician assistance. Waste of time and money.

excellent physicians

Posted on November 20th, 2015

Dr. Akey and staff are excellent physicians that took the time to listen to me and my concerns. It was easy to get an appointment and the staff was courteous and friendly. I will definately recommend her and her PA and ARNP to all of my friends and family who are looking for a new physician.

Would not recommend at all

Posted on November 20th, 2015

I experienced the worst treatment with the office staff (sherry and Angela). What started out as a simple question ended in insults and the WORST service I have ever received. After I told the office manager I would no longer be seeing Dr. Akey she became even more rude and defensive informing me that this was not retail, this was a medical office and they don't have to have good customer service. Last time I checked, if I am paying you for a service then I am customer. Simple as that. You can rest assured I will tell everyone I know about the treatment I received here. And it is a shame because The interactions I've had with Dr.Akey leads me to believe she is a kind person. Unfortunately, with staff like this you just lost a "not customer."

Posted on August 21st, 2015

Refreshing to have a doctor that gets to know you as a person not just as a paitient

stay away!

Posted on February 8th, 2015

Her focus is money and self promotion. Patients are always double booked, and she is always rushed. most of the time I was in an interview room because exam rooms were full. She is more concerned about selling you supplements, diet books, and acupuncture rather than diagnosing and treating what really is going on. If you are one of those people who are paranoid about chemicals or do not believe in modern science, you will like it here. Otherwise I would not trust her with my medical issues.

Avoid, unless you're looking for cosmetics

Posted on December 6th, 2013

Dr Akey has a beautiful, expensive looking office, and is, herself, quite beautiful. That's about the only good thing I can say about her. I visited her for an initial appointment, for which the government was billed $600. She shook my hand an handed me off to a nurse practitioner. Her version of a history seems to be sending you a questionaire to fill out and filing it. The nurse practitioner didn't even have the questionaire I filled out when doing the intake exam. She took height, weight and blood pressure and asked me few questions, then prepared a supposed "plan" for me, based on a very cursory physical exam. This plan was written completely in doctor's shorthand. I had blood work done at their lab. When I requested that the results from this be sent to another doctor (including sending them a witnessed release form), they did nothing. I went for my appointment with the other doctor only to find he hadn't received the blood work results. Among the things the NP recommended, without consulting me about preferences was the paleo diet. Ok, so it's a trendy diet lots of people like. It's also an extremely expensive and demanding diet, which few people are able to stick on for very long, and I have long deliberately minimized meat consumption for moral and philosophical reasons. On the other hand, if you care about your doctor's looks and want to be able to get botox or facials from the same office as your medical care, she's a good choice.

Patient

Posted on August 1st, 2013

Getting older is not fun, and for so long I thought that getting older and feeling old was "just the way it had to be". Then someone referred me to Dr. Akey. I was skeptical at first because I've talked with other Internists, and without exception I was told the same story.."you're just getting older". Dr. Akey took a different approach. Rather than using a one-size-fits-all approach to my hormones, she started with the end in mind and asked me what I wanted for myself. I told her I just wanted to enjoy my aging process and not feel like it was a premature death sentance. Granted, insurance does not yet see the value of aggressive preventative care like Dr. Akey does, so I had to pay some cash, but I looked at this as the best investment I could possibly make. Without our health, what good are we? But who in their right mind wouldn't give up a latte a day over the course of a year to say "I feel so good again". Dr. Akey had me do a complete allergy test, and it turns out I was allergic to Gluten! And it was making me sick. She then had my blood drawn and identified my low testosterone, which other doctors said were fine. She was able to put me a safe, stable HRT and in 4 months I lost 25 lbs, got my strength and drive back, and feel like a new man. I eat better, take my supplements she recommends, and I exercise regularly. It takes someone not only who is smart, but someone who cares. Most doctors today cannot afford the time to treat a patient like me until I am really sick and need "fixing". Dr. Akey changed everything for me. She's a deeply spiritual, caring and intelligent professional. I can't wait to visit her in their new location!!

Was the best md in town- no longer

Posted on April 29th, 2013

Brilliant. Respectful. But something has changed. More money focused and less pt focused. Sad. Was so good at one point.

Dr Akey is by far the best physician I've ever encountered!

Posted on January 22nd, 2013

Dr Akey truly LISTENS to her patients, asking about their real lives, as well as doing comprehensive diagnostic labs when needed, as part of her excellent diagnostic process. She makes excellent referrals as needed, including to surgeons who are best-in-field but who do not do surgery unless they deem it necessary (great way to avoid unnecessary surgeries). Dr. Akey is well-trained in nutritional support, which is nearly unheard of in MDs. She has also written an excellent book on Hormone Balancing, which she incorporates into her practice, and which has proven very helpful to numerous patients. Dr. Akey is by far the best diagnostician I've ever encountered - ensuring an accurate diagnosis first, to ensure proper treatment to create genuine health by treating the root cause of the problem (rather than merely treating symptoms, as most MDs do, which leaves patients still unwell but with fewer symptoms). I honestly could not give any physician a higher recommendation than Dr. Akey. Among her patients are other physicians and their families, which in Gainesville (major medical center) is the highest compliment in the medical community. I would happily pay cash to see her if insurance wouldn't cover it, but fortunately she does take insurance. Dr. Akey is a practitioner of the Healing Arts, rather than merely in the business of medicine, and she is experienced in Complementary Healing as well as traditional medicine. And her staff is also excellent and caring, with an office atmosphere that puts you at ease/feeling comfortable even while waiting, as well as while being seen. If she's accepting new patients, you couldn't do better than to have Dr. Akey as your primary care physician.

Outstanding

Posted on July 9th, 2012

Dr. Akey has always been thorough in her physical and history examinations.

Bad experience

Posted on June 18th, 2012

This doctor is very expensive and does not take most Blue Cross insurance policies. She is very self promoting and ambitious about expanding her practice and therefore, very rushed. During my time with her she made two errors in my treatment. One in BHRT care and one in simple wellness care. Her office staff is poorly trained and unprofessional which made trying to correct the errors a protracted and unhappy experience.