Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Angelo J Acquista
Dr. Angelo J Acquista, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Acquista is affiliated with Stonybrook University Hospital, North Shore University Hospital and St John's Episcopal Hospital-South Shore. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Angelo J Acquista has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.<br>These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Angelo J Acquista has the following 7 expertise
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
Dr. Angelo J Acquista is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 16
Seems to not be interested anymore...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Angelo J Acquista - Posted on April 19th, 2011
I'm not a hypochondriac. I go to the doctor usually 1x a year. Last two visits, to both (different) complaints, he basically just said everything that was wrong with me was due to being overweight and would be resolved if I lost weight. Then mentioned that I should buy his book. He's a nice person and used to spend a reasonable amount of time with me. But both of these times, I felt dismissed. And both times, there was a legitimate medical reason for my complaints that came back once the tests were done, so they were not just because I'm overweight (and I'm not 200 lbs overweight).
Self-verified patient of Dr. Angelo J Acquista - Posted on May 22nd, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Angelo J Acquista - Posted on September 6th, 2009
Dr. Acquista is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Lenox Hill Hospital
Dr. Angelo J Acquista accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsPULMONARY CRITICAL CARE GROUP, 110 E 59th St Rm 9C, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Angelo J Acquista, MD - Pulmonary Disease in New York, NY, in this video.
Dr. Angelo J Acquista is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.